Directions To The Longfellow House
How to use this page
Use this page to get your bearings on directions to our home. You can share this page URL with others in your party, or simply copy and paste text and send in an email.
Google Maps / Directions
View Google Maps and enter your starting point.
On your smartphone, use Google maps to find directions to our home or you can use your smartphone GPS by plugging in our full address:
The Longfellow House
652 Hughes Street
Cape May, NJ 08204
Directions from specific points
Sometimes just plain and simple directions are the easiest to use. So here are text directions from a few key starting points.
From Garden State Parkway
Take the Parkway south to the end, which is Exit "0". From there it turns into 109 South (after final light on Parkway, Route 109 bears to the left). Follow Route 109 over the large main Cape May Bridge.Once you're over the bridge, you'll travel over a small bridge and the road turns into Lafayette Street. From here you can pick up the directions for our shortcut (see info. on the right).
From Cape May Lewes Ferry
From the Ferry Terminal in North Cape May, follow the signs for Route 109 South and the Garden State Parkway. Take Route 109 South over the Cape May bridge onto Lafayette Street and from here you can pick up the directions for our shortcut (right).
95 North to Delaware Memorial Bridge, take bridge to Route 40 East. Follow Route 40 to Route 55 South to end (at Route 47 South). Route 47 South to Garden State Parkway South. G.S. Parkway to end, Exit "0", to 109 South, Follow Route 109 over the Cape May bridge onto Lafayette Street and from here you can pick up the directions for our shortcut (right).
Walt Whitman Bridge to 42 South, to Atlantic City Expressway East. Take the A.C. Expressway to the Garden State Parkway south. G.S. Parkway to end, Exit "0", to 109 South, Follow Route 109 over the Cape May bridge onto Lafayette Street and from here you can pick up the directions for our shortcut (right).
Shortcut to our house (in CM)
Once you're in Cape May — here's a good tip ( PDF ) for the best route to our house. During the busy Cape May summer months this can be a real time saver by bypassing the traffic on Lafayette Street. Once you're over and down the main Cape May bridge:
1. Continue straight a few hundred yards, cross a 2nd smaller bridge .
2. About 100 yards after the 2nd small bridge, the road splits. Straight is Lafayette St., but you want to turn left onto Sidney (it's a short 1 block street).
3. At the stop sign (30 yards) turn right onto Washington Street.
4. Go about 1 mile on Washington St. to the 2nd traffic light — Franklin Street, (you'll see a Fire Station and Sturdy Bank on your right and a Post Office on your left.)
5. Turn left onto Franklin Street.
6. Your first right is Hughes Street, turn right onto Hughes Street
7. The Longfellow House is the 4th house on the left: 652 Hughes Street (White house, green shutters and green and white awnings if up).