Amenities With Full Comforts
For a perfect family vacation, retreat or weekend getaway
We provide a comfortable and convenient vacation environment for families wanting to experience the best of old Cape May, but also with modern convenience. We also cater to retreats and corporate events. Key Longfellow House features* include:
- 7 Bedrooms that sleep up to 14 — There are 3 1/2 bathrooms, plus outdoor shower (bed layout pdf)
- Optional additional first floor bedroom & bathroom — for guests with elderly parents or special needs we have a first floor bedroom option (separate from main house/ additional fee) for a total of 8 Bedrooms in the house.
- Beautiful living room with gas fireplace — There's a separate family room/ dining room with 55" flat screen Smart TV / HD TV, wireless hi-speed internet connection, full cable connection, DVD player and classic boardgames
- Kitchen — Our fully stocked kitchen serves up to 14 with place settings, flatware, utensils, lobster pots and cooking appliances and Keurig & standard coffee maker.
- Kitchen comforts — Large, double door fridge, a gas stove & oven, a dishwasher, microwave, and coffee maker, a double tub kitchen sink with garbage disposal and direct access to a private back deck
- Ceiling fans — in most every room on first & second floor
- Air Conditioning — we now feature AC units for all Bedrooms
- Washer & Dryer — in a separate Laundry room
- Cable TV and SmartTV — 4 Cable TVs: (The 55" Flat Screen TV in family room is a Smart TV - features include giving users access to Internet and your own Netflix account for additional movies and streaming content.)
- Classic front porch with view onto Hughes Street — vintage rocking chairs & awnings to relax on, catch up with the office or watch the horses with your kids
- Private back deck — with Adirondack chairs, a picnic table, canvas umbrella, gas grill, direct access to kitchen and the peace and quiet of a private location
- Private parking — for 3 cars, plus our street is non-metered and one way
- Ideal location — Picture perfect location that is walking distance from everywhere: about 3 1/2 blocks from beach, 2 blocks from the main shopping area and restaurants, and right in the heart of the historic victorian district
- Dog friendly home! Our vacation home is dog friendly. If you'd like to learn more you can check out our dog policy page by clicking here.
Extras Vacation Rental Benefits*
We've also added the following value-added extras, to help make your stay more enjoyable and convenient and cost effective.
- Beach Box. We supply a box on the beach for you to store your gear so you don't have to carry those items every day from the house (applies to summer rentals).
- Beach Chairs. We also provide beach chairs saving you the expense of renting them or the hassle of having to bring them from home (applies to summer rentals).
- Beach Tags. We provide access to 10 beach tags
- Wireless hi-speed Internet Access. Our broadband wireless coverage reaches most of the first floor. So you can sit on the front porch and watch the horses go while catching up with your email or surfing the interwebs. Perfect!
- Cleaning Service Option. (departure day turnover). We've contracted a quality cleaning service option at competitive pricing. Perfect for a hassle-free departure day. Just sign up and we will make all the arrangements. You can learn more about our extra guest services here.
- In-room Linen Service Option. Recently we launched the Longfellow Guest House In-room Linen Service as an option for families that would like the convenience of fresh linens in their rooms when they arrive. Just sign up and we'll take care of everything else.
* Items above subject to change without notice. The Longfellow Guest House is a no smoking residence. Sorry, no Prom or High School graduation rentals.
It's About the Cape May Family Experience
Amenities are important, but also it's about the experience you want your family to have on your Cape May vacation.
We grew up summer vacationing in Cape May and getting into all kinds of fun trouble. Those times were special memories that we have carried into adulthood (see some of our family photos).
The Longfellow House is set up so that families can have a wonderful experience, that they too might create lifelong memories with their family and friends. We really focused on keeping that special home feel and unique historic connection, while also providing the vacation comforts and convenience that are important for a stay. So rather than convert everything to a low maintenance rental, we preserved much of what makes the house, and this town, unique and special.
Our Family history is part of Cape May's History
Walk through our hallways and you'll see family images & artifacts that connect our history from the mid 1800s to today.
Look up and down the block and around town and you'll get a special sense of our house, Hughes Street, the Victorian District and Cape May itself. What better way to enjoy Cape May's unique heritage than by spending your family vacation or retreat in an historic home with your family, friends or associates.
If you think our home works for your plans, or if you have additional questions, feel free to contact us today. We'd love to hear from you.
About the banner (click image)
Childhood Dreams — by Michael J. Longfellow
This page banner features a photograph taken on Cape May's Cove Beach, on a perfect late afternoon Spring day. Did you know we offer this photo, and others as unique Cape May gifts for your event or celebration? >>Learn more